Official docker image

Maxim Dounin mdounin at mdounin.ru
Fri Feb 23 22:04:32 UTC 2024

Hello!

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 03:57:24PM +0100, Jan-Otto Kröpke via nginx wrote:

> Hello,
>
> thank you for the ongoing development of the nginx web server.

Thank you for your support.

> I wanted to inquire whether an official Docker image is on the
> roadmap?

Might be at some later point.

Also, I'm not sure it's actually needed: once we'll have packages
available in various OSs, it would be trivial to create an image
from a vanilla OS one.

> The sources [1] for the Docker image are licensed under
> Apache 2 License and can be used further without any issues.
>
> If assistance is needed, I am happy to help with the implementation,
> including assistance in maintaining the images.
>
> [1] https://github.com/nginxinc/docker-nginx-unprivileged

Strictly speaking, I would rather object adding Apache2-licensed
code to the project: it is not compatible with the BSD license
nginx (and freenginx) uses.

--
Maxim Dounin
http://mdounin.ru/