Suggest to rename project

brabo brabo at cryptolab.net
Tue Feb 20 01:31:04 UTC 2024

On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 02:07:29 +0900
Xiufeng Guo <showfom at gmail.com> wrote:

> We've been through this before, F5 filed a UDRP complaint and tookour
> domain nginx.io in 2022 and we were forced to rename our project as
> n.wtf.
>
> They wouldn't even let us use nginx.u.sb for our project.
>
> Therefore, I propose we change the name of freenginx.
>
> https://u.sb/nginx-io/
> https://u.sb/files/Decision-DIO2022-0006.pdf
>
> On Mon, Feb 19, 2024 at 11:08 PM John Griessen via nginx
> <nginx at freenginx.org> wrote:
> >
> > On 2/18/24 20:47, Cesar L. C. wrote:
> > > Hello...
> > >
> > > The name I propose is:
> > >
> > > SuperServerX
> >
> > nginy
> > nginz
> > planetngin
> > worldengin
> > globalengin
> > moonengin
> > starengin
> > enginstar
> > engin*
> >

> > --

I think Maxim is entirely correct and justified.
And, if F5 would desire to venture into any legal action, the community
can very easily deploy the Streisand effect.

In such case, let us simply have many forks!

freenginx
opennginx
netnginx
tuxnginx
nixnginx

I stop here. Imaginations need space as well ;')

brabo.